APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED.
“My mentor changed my life.”
This is something you hear many successful professionals say.
It’s no secret that mentorship is critical to unlocking doors and opportunities. The right mentor can have a lasting impact on your career. They can help you untangle professional challenges, define goals and channel your strengths to meet them. But it is not always easy to find the right mentor to connect with.
This is where the LightFair Mentorship Program for emergent professionals with 1-3 years of experience can help.
One of the unique aspects of LightFair is our co-ownership by the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD) and the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES), along with show producer, International Market Centers (IMC).
Mentors for the LightFair 2021 Pilot Mentorship Program have been handpicked from the IALD, IES and leading lighting design firms. They include experienced practitioners from a wide range of fields. What they have in common is a passion to share their experience and knowledge to support emergent lighting professionals.
Meet the 2021 Mentors
Mentors for 2021 include
- Lee Brandt, IALD, LC, Principal, HLB Lighting Design
- Jessica Krometis, Assoc. IALD, IES, Senior Designer at Hartranft Lighting Design
- Mark Loeffler, IALD, LEED Fellow, Mark Loeffler Design Consulting, LLC
- Caitlin Mulligan-Ankony, LC, Director of Business Development & Key Accounts, SCI Lighting Solutions
- Giulio Pedota, IALD, LC, LEED AP, Partner, Schuler Shook Theatre Planners / Lighting Designers
- Kathy Pryzgoda, Principal Designer, Light Studio LA, Inc.
- Lisa J. Reed, Founding Principal, Envision Lighting Design
- Daniel G. Salinas, LC, IES, President, Salinas Lighting Consult, Lighting Systems Designer
- Chrysanthi Stockwell LC, IALD, LEED AP BD+C, Senior Associate Lighting Designer and Engineering Market Leader, HGA
Learn more about their career, credentials and their reason for wanting to be mentors: Meet Your Mentors.
LightFair Mentorship Program 2021: One-on-one mentorship for six months. Lifelong connections and benefits.
A Dynamic Partnership
Being co-owned by the two leading lighting associations provides several benefits, among them, our access to their pool of knowledgeable experts and practitioners. Members and leaders of the IES and IALD serve on LightFair’s advisory committees. Each year, they help design the attendee experience and conference program, among other things. The pilot Mentorship Program is another significant new dimension of this partnership.
Our goal for the program is to foster meaningful and personalized professional connections between experienced and emergent professionals in the lighting industry. Networking and some form of informal mentorship have always been a part of the LightFair experience. This pilot program aims to build upon the organic approach through a more streamlined and well-defined process.
The program offers the chance for selected emergent professionals to be matched with mentors who will work with them one-on-one for the next six months.
- No participation fee
- Get matched with a handpicked mentor
- 1:1 mentorship: personalized connections
- 6-month program (lifelong connections)
- Monthly phone calls, check-ins with your mentor
- *Culmination at LightFair: Meet your mentor & other mentors
- Customized to your career goals
- The more you put in, the more you take away
- Exclusive, private LinkedIn group with monthly discussions
- Complimentary exhibit hall pass, conference session and other benefits
If you are a lighting professional with 1-3 years of experience, committed to your professional growth and ready to work with a mentor for the next six months, we invite you to apply.
Applications close March 31, 2021. The program will kick off on April 26 and culminate at LightFair this October 25-29 in New York. Learn more and apply today.