Covering 320+ leading architectural and commercial lighting manufacturers spread over 100,000+ sq. ft. in 3 days, in addition to exploring education and networking opportunities can seem exciting but daunting at the same time. While, there is a lot to see, do and explore at Lightfair, making the most of it just requires a little preparation. Here are a few handy tips to start with:
- Browse offerings in advance – conference sessions, on-floor events, tours, awards and more.
- Pre-register for accredited conference courses you want to take. Note that the first two days are dedicated to immersive learning and hands-on workshops aka the LightFair Pre-Conference.
- Download the mobile app and save your favorite booths, sessions and events.
- Make a note of show hours, directions to the venue, transportation options, shuttle schedule etc.
- Take advantage of curated tours that help you navigate pavilions easily.
- Save the on-floor talks and sessions you want to catch on your Show Planner.
- Use the Show Planner to schedule appointments with exhibitors so you have dedicated one-on-one time
- Familiarize yourself with the floor plan available on our website, within the mobile app and in the printed show directory.
- Plan out your day so you can cover as many sessions and booths in one pavilion or area as possible before moving on to the next.
- Maximize your time at LightFair with these tips and strategies from past attendees and industry pros.
Lightfair 2022 On-Floor Highlights
There’s plenty to do between booth stops:
Check out informative, inspiring sessions at multiple locations.
Meet and network with industry thought leaders.
Join discussions, panels and networking events with industry associations.
Discover Ideas, Inspiration, Education Around Every Corner
Check out the locations on the show floor featuring engaging presentations and other highlights to cover while you are here. Note that for LightFair 2022, on-floor sessions do not require a separate registration. They are included with either a Conference or Expo registration.
And Conference Registration offers the best value as it includes 3-day expo access too.
1. The Designery (Design Pavilion)
Attend talks and network with industry thought leaders like Charles Stone, Dawn Hollingsworth and others. Included with Conference or Expo Registration; seating is first come, first-served
2. Outdoor Exchange (Outdoor Pavilion)
Join conversations around outdoor lighting projects and trends in a small, intimate group setting with Matt Bates, Bob Parks, Rajaram Bhagavathula and others. Included with Conference or Expo Registration; seating is first come, first-served
3. TEK Talks (Smart Pavilion)
Chat about smart lighting with Mark McClear, Eric Ennen, David Ghatan and others in an intimate, casual group setting. Included with Conference or Expo Registration; seating is first come, first-served
4. LightFair LIVE
Catch the Innovation Awards announcement, thought-provoking interactions with Women in Lighting + Design (WILD), exhibitor-led presentations and more in this happening area on the show floor.
5. Special Events Area
Mingle with members of Women in Lighting + Design (WILD), National Coalition of Lighting Industry Queers (NACLIQ), California Energy Association (CEA) and other associations. Learn more about our industry and association partners here.
6. Curated Tours
Join experts who know each category and can share valuable insights about manufacturers, new products and trends during tours. Learn more about the tour guides and tour schedule here.
Catch a breath…literally!
7. Yoga: Breathwork, Meditation and Gentle Movement
Join Union Yoga’s Angela Cominos Koehler (Angie) for relaxation sessions at 11 am on June 21 and June 22, 2022. No separate registration required for the session; first-come, first served availability.